Royal Support for Job Creation
- To be the no.1 internationally recognized African brand in the next 8 years.
- To create sustainable jobs in South Africa with the focus on woman empowerment.
￼￼HOW DO WE CREATE JOBS
- Value added, beadwork is used on all Bayede products and wines.
- 6 beading groups are involved in the project in different parts of the country.
Nicola Smith (Beading coordinator)
- African arts center
- Monte Christo Eunice
- Brain Waves
- Drakenstein Disabled school
- Queen Mantombi
- Sophie group
￼￼FINANCIAL & SOCIAL BENEFITS
- Beaders are paid between R0.50 - R2.50 per string for labor to produce the beads.
- From September 2013 - 2015 R500 000 was paid for beadwork.
- 41 new jobs were created in 2014
Certificates were handed to every beader in the Western Cape of South Africa.
All beading orders are closely monitored.
Bayede! do audit to ensure the individuals are paid for their efforts.
Control and Systems are in place to manage quality and sustainability of the projects.